When it comes to IT recycling in London, electronic equipment cannot be recycled like other waste such as paper based products.
What is WEEE Recycling?
This is where WEEE recycling comes in. The specialized process stands for Waste Electrical Electronic Equipment Recycling and is a rapidly growing sub sector in IT recycling London. The implementation is largely due to a WEEE directive for the WEEE Regulations in UK for 2006.
Waste Electrical Electronic Equipment Recycling is proving to be a great way to rid UK residents of the 2 million tonnes of WEEE items that they dispose of every year. Most electronic items come with plugs and batteries; attachments that are difficult to recycle.
In general, there are ten categories of electric products that fall under the category of WEEE IT recycling London –
- Telecommunication and IT equipment such as telephones, PCs and calculators
- Large household appliances such as cookers, washing machines and microwaves
- Electronic tools like electric saws, drills, lawnmowers and sewing machines
- Leisure sports equipment and toys such as game consoles, electric trains and lawnmowers
- Lighting equipment such as high intensity charge lights or florescent tubes
- Consumer equipment such as televisions, camcorders and musical instruments
- Medical equipment like analysers, dialysis and cardiology equipment
- Automatic dispensers such as money and hot drink dispensers
- Controlling and monitoring equipment such as thermostats and heating regulators
- Smaller household appliances such as toasters, clocks and blenders
However, it is household appliances and IT recycling in London such as personal computers that take up more than 40% of all WEEE items. Such items are composed of a complex mix of materials that are hard to recycle through traditional means. For instance, IT recycling in London might include materials such as lead, magnesium phosphate, mercury and certain types of flame retardants that need to be processed differently.
Keyword – IT Recycling London
Meta title – IT Recycling London London IT Recycling
Description – When it comes to IT recycling in London, electronic equipment cannot be recycled like other waste such as paper based products.