There is an increased concern about electronic waste from disposed televisions in different circles these days. Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TVs contain lead and LCDs contain mercury lamps, copper wiring and other materials that are toxic and hazardous in nature. Companies providing television recycling in Newcastle like Collect & Recycle help reduce your carbon footprint effectively to reduce environmental damage.
Why Should I Recycle?
- TV recycling reduces the greenhouse gas emissions caused by improper waste disposal.
- It reduces landfill spaces which pollute the environment, air and water. People living in such areas get contaminated with the toxic releases.
- It can help in making new TVs and other products like aluminum goods, copper goods and so on. Refurbished TVs can be exported or used locally in schools, charities and correctional facilities for the deprived ones.
- Glass is recycled to make new products.
- Metals like steel are melted down to make new products like construction material.
- Circuit boards are removed and recycled.
- Aluminum is recycled in aluminum recycling plants and used in aluminum cans, foils and so on.
- Copper wires are removed and recycled into metal goods like nails, nuts and bolts.
- A small proportion of the TV, nevertheless, cannot be recycled. It goes to landfill spaces. Companies providing television recycling in Newcastle try to contribute as minimal as possible to these landfills.
Where Does My Old TV End Up?
The cost of transport and recycling is higher than the value of materials in your old TV. In some cases, you may even have to pay an amount to get your TV recycled. But this should not stop you from recycling, as the environment benefits are vast. Collect & Recycle can provide you with the greenest and eco-friendly solution to safely dispose and treat your old televisions.